The earliest written mention of the house that was found, dates back to 1390. The building was designed in 1869 by Louis Delacenserie. The former owner ordered the construction of the new house in 1869. The property had a walled garden in the new Jacob van Ooststraat, fully fenced with two small entry gates. The decoration above the door was built on it in 1922 as ordered by Crédit Général Liégeois to enlarge their bank brancg, established in the Niklaas Desparsstraat 11.
In 1992, the building was bought by Johan & Isabelle Creytens and they made plans to turn the building into a hotel. The activities started in January 1993 and the hotel was opened August 1993.
Below the house, part of a 13th or 14 century cellar has been preserved. A brick cross rib vault is supported by a pillar of Doornik natural stone and a capital.