PRESERVING AND PROTECTING THE PLANET
Hotel Heritage involves employees and guests in the common goal of preserving and protecting the planet.
As importantly, sustainable tourism will enhance and protect the destinations where Relais & Châteaux operates for generations to come.
Here are some of the green initiatives already taken at our hotel:
- In room domotics to reduce use of energy
- Digital thermostats to produce most reliable heating/cooling
- Electric charging points for Tesla and other electric cars
- Heritage shuttle transfers by Tesla
- Air filters changed on scheduled basis to reduce energy use
The hotel has successfully obtained the Green Key Certificate, as a result of environmental responsibility. The Green Key is an eco-label awarded to around 2400 hotels and other sites in 48 countries worldwide.
The Green Key aims to:
- Raise the awareness of leisure establishment staff and clients
- Increase the use of sustainable methods of operation and technology
- Run ecologically sound and responsible business
- Reduce resource, energy usage