Johan & Isabelle met in 1991 and dreamt of the same challenge: running their own business. Seeing the building, they immediately fell in love with this magnificent house. The feeling was right, this would be their future…lovingly restoring the building to its former glory and transforming it into a charming boutique hotel.
The earliest written mention of the house that was found, dates back to 1390. The building was designed in 1869 by Louis Delacenserie. The former owner ordered the construction of the new house in 1869. The property had a walled garden in the new Jacob van Ooststraat, fully fenced with two small entry gates. The decoration above the door was built on it in 1922 as ordered by Crédit Général Liégeois to enlarge their bank branch, established in the Niklaas Desparsstraat 11.
Our luxurious amenities to please each guest:
We offer you for free:
- 24Hours reception, concierge service and currency exchange (07am-11pm)
- iPad2 in each room with free Wifi, the fastest in Bruges!
- Private Sauna and steambath, fitness room with power plate
- Guided walking tour of the city (Monday through Friday)
- Discover@Bruges card featuring discounts all over the city
- Sundeck with city view on top floor
- Luggage room
- Daily newspapers in the lobby
- Twice daily housekeeping, evening turndown included.
Your fitness matters to us. Stay well at Hotel Heritage by keeping your workout routine and experiencing our relaxing space. Our gym celler is located in our 14th century celler and is available 24hrs/24hrs.
We offer complimentary water and fresh towels and we offer standard equipment including: Kettler multigym powerstation, rowing machine, treadmill , cross trainer, kettlebells, weights and an aerobic step.
Sustainable & Green Key
PRESERVING AND PROTECTING THE PLANET
Hotel Heritage involves employees and guests in the common goal of preserving and protecting the planet. As importantly, sustainable tourism will enhance and protect the destinations where Relais & Châteaux operates for generations to come.
The hotel has successfully obtained the Green Key Certificate, as a result of environmental responsibility. The Green Key is an eco-label awarded to around 2400 hotels and other sites in 48 countries worldwide.
World Best Classic Elegance 2019 – Boutique Hotel Awards
World’s most Romantic Hotel 2019 –Luxury Hotel Awards
World’s Best Boutique Hotel 2018
Best Belgian Luxury Hotel for Classic Elegance Award 2018
Best Hotel Breakfast by Villegiature 2017
World’s Best Boutique Hotel 2017
Haute Grandeur Global Hotel 2016
World Luxury Hotel awards 2015
Best Hotel Room of Belgium 2015
The World Boutique Hotel 2015
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Private car park with valet service and electric charging point;
- Wellness and fitness area;
- 24 hour reception; - Laundry service; - 24/7 room service; - A meeting room for up to 10 guests.