Statement on hygiene and cleaning protocol
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. Hotel Heritage has been closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). On a daily basis, our hotel is working to ensure that they meet the latest guidelines on hygiene and cleaning. Our hotel’s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of bacteria and viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
Specific steps Hotel Heritage is taking include:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Hotel associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program.
Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses.
In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
If we are alerted to a case of COVID-19 at our hotel, we immediately work with the relevant health authorities to obtain the facts and guidance on steps to take with both guests and associates. We undertake an additional cleaning and disinfecting protocol of the common areas of the hotel as well as the areas we know the guest has been during their stay.
In addition, the hotel seals the guest’s room (e.g., preventing entry by staff or others) and undertakes a room recovery protocol that is designed to disinfect everything in the room including sanitizing the air.
- Ongoing training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, our hotel associates are also trained on COVID-19 awareness.
- Real Time Information: The Hotel Heritage management team is on standby 24/7 and will monitor the latest news and information to prepare for and respond to COVID-19 if needed, and to support the hotel and its staff and guests.
- Cleaning Products and Protocols: We work with our affiliate partner Relais & Châteaux and suppliers around the world to make sure our hotel can procure and use virus-killing products approved by the European Union as well as the protective equipment they need for their operations. Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including: COVID-19.
- Guest Rooms: Our hotel uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items. Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches and door handles.
- Public Spaces: Our hotel has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public Spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators (and elevator buttons), door handles, public bathrooms and even room key cards.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker room, laundry rooms and staff offices.
- Fitness Centre: Enhanced cleaning of the different fitness equipment.
- Reduced paper: All main communication with guests have been digitalised.
- Check In/Check out: Both procedures have been made contactless.
- Sanitizing: Evaluation of new technologies like Ozon and ultraviolet light to sanitize surfaces and objects. Increased deployment of hand sanitizers.
FAQ - Häufig Gestellte Fragen
Wir nehmen die Standards für Hygiene und Sauberkeit sehr ernst und ergreifen Maßnahmen, um die Sicherheit unserer Gäste und Mitarbeiter zu gewährleisten. Sie können unsere gesamten Richtlinien auf dieser Seite einsehen.